We’re looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join our expanding team, and have a lot to offer. If you’re looking for your next step, please read on.
JRC Consulting is a fast-growing Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancy. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate/Project Structural Engineer, who will want to play an active role in a young, dynamic team. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in working towards becoming a senior member of the Consultancy.
You will work in an open plan environment within an engineering team of 10. You will undertake analysis and design for a variety of structures and with all major building materials. Ideally you have graduated from a civil or structural engineering degree background and achieved a minimum of a 2:1. Within your role you will work directly under two Chartered Structural Engineers who will become your mentors on your route to Chartership.
As well as in-office design work, you will have the opportunity to attend meetings and site visits with a Chartered Engineer providing the experience you require to manage and deliver your own projects, overseen by a senior member.
Our office is a busy and lively place to work. You’ll benefit from 1:1 training from experienced members of the team, in a friendly environment. The Directors are keen to see their staff grow and develop, and progression in your career is greatly encouraged and supported.
The team are professional and hard-working and enjoy socialising together. Recent socials include karting and a gin tour, but all suggestions are welcome.
Benefits include 25 days leave with the ability to buy/sell holiday, annual bonus scheme dependant on performance, annual review with pay rise dependant on performance, and good flexible working.
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Working within a small team providing technical design best practice
- Managing and coordinating projects.
- Being responsible for the production of technical design information including drawings, calculations, specifications and reports.
- Liaising effectively with clients, local authorities and other design team members
- Assisting in the preparation of bids and proposals
- Developing business with new and existing clients
- AutoCAD or Revit experience is a bonus but not a requirement.
- A keen interest in buildings and how they’re put together.
- Ability to work within a team.
Salary is reflective of experience and it negotiable.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org